Tuesday, January 11

Venom and Song


The Berinfell Prophecies Series- book two
By Wayne Thomas Batson and Christopher Hopper

I was quite lost until I realized that this is book two in The Berinfell Prophecies series. Although, I found it easy to get to know the characters and find out what was going on without reading the first book.

The story is about seven Elven lords of Allyra who have super powers- walking on air, reading minds, super strength etc. It was previously believed that the lords died as babies, but tremors from another world called 'Earth' (weird name huh?) showed signs that Elven blood lived among the people. Sententials were sent to see if the sings are true. And yes- they were. Their task was to bring the seven back to Allyra. Fortunately, they succeeded. Unfortunately, the teenagers do not yet know how to use their abilities, and in order to defeat the spider king and find the mysterious legendary Rainsong, they will need to know.

Venom and Song made me think a lot of Batsons' other series 'The Door Within' -a little bit cliché, but an excellent plot, it kept me entertained. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the end was good, a little emotional, but good.

No comments: