Friday, January 28

Girl Talk With God


Girl Talk With God, by Suzie Shellenberger, is a non-fiction book inspiring teenage girls to actually talk with their Savior like they would with their best friend. Not just talk, but listen as well.

Suzie gives an example of what its like to have a conversation with God, not like blessing a meal, or a cry for help when things get tough, but something so much more personal and intimate. She goes over lots of different topics, things like eating disorders, modesty, boyfriends, God's love, etc.

I am a big fan of some of Suzie's other devotions and non-fiction, so when I saw this book on Booksneeze, I was really excited to get it for free. I was certainly not disappointed because it really has made me think of my relationship with God differently. God doesn't want you to feel any obligation to talk with Him. He wants you to get to know Him better so that you can see how He doesn't just know about all of the unimportant details of your life, He cares about them too.

So, as a 14 year girl, I would recommend this book to my friends. I loved the conversations because it is the kind of things that I would ask God and talk to him about.

I would give this book a five out of five stars.

No comments: