Sunday, April 3

Heart of Ice


Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry is a mystery/detective fiction novel in which Elizabeth Avery is making sure that no one gets in her way of having everything she wants. At all costs. And this gorgeous, twisted woman, is just that, twisted.


The whole time I was reading it, there was something that was bugging me and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not until the end.


The main thing that I didn't like the lack of... Jesus I guess you could say. Someone in the book was a Christan, but I don't actually remember. It was one of the woman, but I can't recall who because, other than the occasional prayer (in their head) their faith wasn't evident. There were no conversions, nobody talked aloud much about Jesus and at the end they almost didn't seem forgiving.


Not that someone needs to be saved for it to be a Christan novel or for me to like it. I think planting seed in someones heart is as important as sharing the gospel. I guess an essential thing to me in Christan fiction that there is some sort of spiritual growth in a character. Which I didn't see in Heart of Ice.


I felt like it was a little bit rushed at the end and that there were some lose ends but overall I'll give it a three out of five.

No comments: